Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy New Year!

I figured it’s about time for a blog post! I know I have been silent for a while and it’s for no other reason than I am just not a good blogger. I read them like it’s my job (and I suppose in some ways it is) but when it comes to writing my own I always feel kind of quirky and can’t really get my point out! Regardless, one of my business goals for 2012 is to blog more. Fact is - clients read blogs. They want to know what’s going on and they want to see pictures. I know I do! So in my efforts to keep with the resolution, I am going to give it a shot (considering it’s almost February!)



There are several “plans or goals” for Take A Whiff in 2012. Some include personal items to help me grow my business and some are simply housekeeping items. I think it’s in my nature to make lists so here they are in no particular order–



1. Blog more


2. Tweet more


3. Create new logo and update all materials


4. Upload new weddings to website


5. Revise wedding proposal process and written proposal forms


6. Continue education – including Chapel Designers NYC!!!!


7. Grow my rental inventory


8. Continue to challenge and evolve my design style


9. Get organized with all past work in to ONE PLACE!


10. Dedicate one “office day” per week to the maintenance of Take A Whiff.




I am sure there are more, but I am going to stop there so I don’t get overwhelmed! I am still hoping there will be some bigger changes for me and my family this year which would make these goals much more attainable. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I can report some good news in the next several months. Until then I plan to just take it one step at time and my thought is blogging will help me stay on track!






I am extremely excited to announce that I will be attending a design workshop in NYC in March. I will come back tomorrow more with a more detailed post but, to me, this is a HUGE opportunity to work with one of my FAVORITE wedding designers!






Happy 2012! Look for me this year – I am going to bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment