Thursday, September 16, 2010

Simple Elengance

To say Take A Whiff has been busy would be an understatement! However, I can say that is it is true that when you love what you do, it doesnt feel like work! I can't even begin to calculate the amount of hours I have put in over the last few weeks. Betweeen all the weddings (2 more to go for the season)and all the new opportunities in marketing, advertising and social media that have come my way. Since Take A Whiff is currently still my part-time passion, I still have another full-time job that I must go to everyday. That leaves time for consults, quotes, market pick ups, flower conditioning, design and everything in between outside the hours of 8am-5pm Monday - Friday! This season has definitely been the biggest - and I wouldn't change it for anything. My hope is to some day do this full time. Thank you to all of you who support me daily in following my dream - especially my wonderful husband. You are a damn good therapist, marketing director, IT consult, and delivery boy! XOXO

Last night I got started on this weekend's wedding with the alter pieces and flower girls baskets. (Again, sorry for the iphone pictures, I will find my camera charger soon - I promise!) There are a few new (to me) elements being used for this wedding. The hanging amaranthus and english roses were something I just had to have a the market yesterday morning. Most always, I am limited by bugdet to what I can buy for a wedding. That said, I have standard elements I use often and trust, but I also like to buy something "new" or "fun" with each event I do. I want to put my personal style into every design. I feel this way, my portfolio continues to grow and my designs gain depth.
This upcoming wedding is all able elegance and simplicity. Colors of pale pinks, ivorys, whites and greens pick up on the black and white theme the bride is trying to create.
Back to work tonight on the wedding party designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment