Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Is it lunch time yet?

Its just about 10am and I have been up and at work since 4am! Holy cow! I feel like I have been shot out of a cannon. My eyes were open long before the alarm this morning with nerves about buying at the market. No matter how many times I do it, I always get nervous when it comes to buying. Will they have what I need? Will I buy enough? Will I spend too much/too little? Will I have enough time to process before work? Will they stay fresh until the wedding? AHHH every time - the stress! But per usual, once I get to the market and start buying I get into the zone. I know what I need and I have a plan of attack. Let me just say though, if I don't have a plan - it all goes to hell!

This morning my amazing husband joined me at the market for the first time! Apparently he was a little worried at the volume of flowers I was buying, loading and unloading while 7 months pregnant. I resisted, insisting that I could do it myself and there was no need for him to get up at 4am with me - but honestly it was awesome! To have someone to keep me company on the ride in (we even got coffee beforehand), someone to bounce my ideas off of, someone to keep me in check with time, and most importantly someone who loaded and unloaded all the flowers! Seriously - unreal. Thank you SO Much!!!

Once everything was unloaded and in the workshop, I got moving on processing. I have a LOT of flowers and I was pretty pressed for time, so sorry - no pictures. I will try to make sure to take some tonight! I have been toying with the idea of one, maybe two more mornings at the shop. I am thinking that maybe a few hours in the morning tomorrow and Friday may save me a few in the evening. Not sure yet, we will see how today goes and just how big cankles can get! That said, I do have a design schedule:


Wednesday AM
-pick up / process

Wednesday PM
- process
- plan (recipes)
- wreath

Thursday
- bouquets (all)
- alter pieces
- centerpieces

Friday
- boutonnieres
- centerpieces

Saturday
- finish loose ends
- wrap bouquets
- pack and load truck
- delivery
- set up

PARTY with Laura & Scott!!!

- pass out on my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment