Thursday, September 30, 2010

It was a good night

Last night went smoothly and ahead of schedule. I worked until about 9:30pm, which wasn't too late. I got right to work at 4pm on the wreath for the church and got that done in about an hour and a half.

Church Wreath

I am pleased with that way it turned out. This was my first time creating a piece like this and I would certainly recommend it and sell it to brides in the future. I think it makes a dramatic impact. Variations could include the bride and groom's new monogram or a square.They could be placed in a set on the church doors and even displayed at the reception. This piece in particular will be placed on a white wall in the Church that hides the organist. The bride wanted something to break up the white wall that would be in her background of the ceremony pictures. I will add a purple ribbon to hang it from as well.

After finishing the wreath, I moved on to the Bride's bouquet. I often like to do the Bride's flowers early on in the design process because it allows me to set the tone of all the other designs. While I have recipes for each piece prior to design, I often change little things while designing. By doing the Bride first, I have every flower purchased to choose from. I didn't take any pictures of the bouquet because I wanted to keep it under wraps until the wedding day! I also created the Bride's toss bouquet, a much smaller bouquet that she will toss to some lucky lady!

After that, I processed a good amount of the remaining flowers for design tonight. I plan to get all the remainder of the bouquets completed tonight - 4 bridesmaids and 2 mothers. I will select and set aside everything necessary for the boutonnieres and alter pieces (Friday) and lastly get moving on the centerpieces - all 22 of them!

I certainly have my work cut out for me! I will check back tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment