Friday, October 1, 2010

The Countdown is ON!

Last night was a long one! I have another one waiting for me as soon as the clock strikes 3:30pm. Wedding day is tomorrow and there is still A LOT of work to be done... Deep Breath...(* note to self, Do Not take on another wedding alone at 7 months pregnant!) Moving on... So last night, I made all the bridesmaids bouquets and the mothers bouquets. I also needed to remake the toss bouquet since the Dahlias I had used did not take well overnight.


Sneak Peak of Bridesmaid's Bouquets

After that, I needed to process the remaining flowers. Not often, but sometimes, I can forget how much work floral design is. I love to work with flowers so much so that it never seems like "work" to me. However, processing & conditioning is the part I usually forget how much it stinks. Flowers from the market are not "ready to use". They come in plastic with elastics, and totally raw. They need to be opened, stripped of foliage, re-cut, fed, and conditioned. All that makes for a lot of time and mess. Last night I needed to process all the remaining flowers so that they were ready to go for the centerpieces. I have gone back and forth on whether its better to do beforehand or just do it as I design ( strip the foliage) but honestly, it makes design way easier and faster if it already done. So last night that's what I did. My hope is that tonight will go smoothly because of the work I did last night.

Finally, after finishing the processing, I added a few accents to the wreath. I have a few more to add tonight but I think the additions really gave it some depth and I am pretty excited about it!

So schedule for tonight:
- 2 altar pieces
- 22 centerpieces
- all boutonnieres
- wrap all bouquets
That's all for today. I need to take care of a few business matters this morning for Take A Whiff. Oh and by the way - We Are Booking 2011 Weddings already!

No comments:

Post a Comment